What is CrossFit?
I couldn't have said it better myself....click here:)
CrossFit is simply;
- The best strength and conditioning program available.
- Scalable to anyone's fitness level, age, and gender.
- Learn correct bodyweight exercises like squat, lunges, pushups, and pullups.
- Learn basic gymnastics like L-sit, ring work, handstands, tumbling, and jumps .
- Learn correct weightlifting like back and front squats, deadlifts, and overhead presses.
- Learn Olympic weightlifting: the Clean & Jerk and the Snatch.
- Use kettlebells, barbells, dumbbells, med balls, tires, sledgehammers, and more. Learn to climb ropes, do muscle-ups, kip, and lots more
What we focus on:
CrossFit focuses on all ten elements of optimal physical fitness:
- Cardio/Respiratory Endurance
How we do it:
- DIET – lays the molecular foundations for fitness and health METABOLIC CONDITIONING – builds capacity in each of three metabolic pathways, beginning with aerobic, then lactic acid and then phosphocretine pathways
- GYMNASTICS – establishes functional capacity for body control and range of motion
- WEIGHTLIFTING AND THROWING – develop ability to control external objects and produce power
- SPORT – applies fitness in competitive atmosphere with more randomized movements and skill mastery